Wednesday, December 10, 2008

CONF 580: EDITING


.

The trouble with editing mss by hand is transferring it all back to the document when you're done. I've been working on 6 or 7 chapters at once, arranging the mechanics of the main story idea into a telling that will have to appear gently through the action and the scenery. So now I'm sat here with pages of crossings outs, squiggles and arrows to self in transfer mode. The content is done and irrelevant now as I follow the directions, copy typing the new bits, deleting the old bits and moving it all around. A mechanical process which means I can listen as I work. At the moment it's Radio 4's Book of the Week, Simon Gray's Coda, there for next 7 days on Listen Again. Unmissable.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

1 comment:

Julian Meteor said...

WHEN IS THE NEXT POST?
I NEED to read more lmao